Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Foodie Review: Christine's Creekside Inn in Birdsboro, PA

Christine's Creekside Inn
1250 Green Hills Road
Birdsboro, PA 19508
610-582-8150

I have had Christine's Creekside Inn on my "to try" list for some time now.  We haven't been there mostly because of its location.  It is in a beautiful, but out of the way, location.  We just don't get out that way much.  When a friend said he'd found a nice Groupon for Christine's, we were on our way!

As I mentioned, the location is beautiful!  The building is old and rustic, which is nice and quaint.  When you walk in, it is a little confusing but once you walk up the stairs the hostess is right at the top - so no need to figure out the disjointed dining room, bar, dining room set up.  They got it.

We were seated in the larger room which overlooks the creek.  Thus the name... It is a nice view, but the dining room is very loud.  There isn't much to be done about it, it is what it is.  But if you want a slightly quieter dinner, you might ask to be seated in the front dining room.

We ordered their appetizer sampler which featured steak bites, chicken and mushrooms.  It was delicious - but could have been a little larger for the price.  For our entrees; my wife ordered the chicken francaise, I ordered the chicken marsala and my friend ordered the steak diane.  The wait for our food was long... and we had our 2 year old with us.  This is a god time to mention that the servers were very good and attentive.  They took a moment every so often to stop and say hi to our little guy which helped keep him entertained enough to not lose his little mind during the long wait for our dinner.

Once the food arrived, it was easy to see that the kitchen does a nice job.  The food looked appetizing and smelled yummy.  My friend's steak was done just the way he asked it (just this side of still mooing) and his report of it was positive.  He said the sauce could have been more flavorful, but he wasn't complaining.  My wife enjoyed her chicken, and I stole a bite and can concur that it was good.  But it could have used a touch more sauce.  My chicken marsala was prepared in a light, broth based sauce.  I prefer the reduction method of preparing chicken marsala that make the sauce thicker and with a deeper flavor.  So, while it was not what I like, for what it was it was fine.  Next time, I'll order something lese.

Which brings us to the big end, would we go back?  Sure we would.  The experience was positive and the food was good.  The issue is the cost.  It was a $150 dinner without our Groupon (with the groupon it was about $75 I think).  I don't have $150 dinners very often, but if I am planning one I'll consider Christine's.  If we get another Groupon, we will certainly. go.

Overall:
Atmosphere: 4/5
Service: 5/5
Food: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5


Pros: Food is good, service is very good.  Creek is nice.
Cons: Loud and pricey!
Go Again: Yes, for a special occasion or a Groupon.

Bruce is the author of four books: Sands of TimeTowering Pines Volume One:Room 509The Star of Christmas and Philadelphia Story: A Lance Carter Detective Novel.  He also has a new novel coming out in November 2012, Towering Pines Volume Two: The Sound and The Fury.  Subscribe to Bruce's Free Mailing List: Click Here to Subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment